Canada visit visa for Pakistan
If you are planning to apply for a Canadian visa from Pakistan, you must first figure out which of these visas fit the motive of your visits. If you are only travelling to meet your family members, friends or for recreational purposes, you’ll have to apply for a Canada Visit Visa. On the other hand, if you’re planning to study or work in Canada, you may have to obtain a Student Visa or Work Visa instead. These are also called Temporary Visas. Permanent residence visas, business immigrant visas and express entry program visas are all types of permanent visas where the applicant shows his or her intent to stay in the country for a longer period of time
These are the different types and categories of visas offered by the Canadian government.
- Visitor visas
- Work visas
- Student visas
- Business Immigrant visas
- Express Entry Program visas
- Permanent Residence visas
Canada Visit Visa Requirements
Please find below the tourist visa requirements. Mind the fact that the required documents may change depending on the term and purpose of your stay, hence the category of your visa. The Consulate reserves its right to ask for additional documents.
- A passport or travel document with at minimum two blank pages, valid for at least six months and for at least 90 days after the end of travel. Copy of the first page including personal data and previous visas if obtained.
- Completed and signed visa application form along with two biometric photo that is not older than 6 months.
- Proof of travel with confirmed both-way tickets.
- Bank account details proving that the passenger can sufficiently fund his/her travel.
- Evidence of occupation in the form of certified documents through employer letter, student certificate, document of registration or demonstration of pension funds.
- Accommodation details through an invitation letter or proof of your hotel reservation throughout your stay.
- Documentation of travel health insurance which will be valid in the country for the entire period of stay.
Additional specific documents may be asked to enclose your application depending on your employment status.
- Employment contract (original certificate of employment indicating the position in the company and the salary)
- Bank account statement of the past 6 months
- Approval letter of leave from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Proof of business license (company registration)
- Company’s bank account statement of the past 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Documentation of University enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school management
- Pension statement documenting the past 6 months
- Proof of financial resources is nevertheless required
- If the person is not able to finance his/her own expenses, proof of a sponsor is mandatory.
How to Apply Canadian visit visa from pakistan
Since most people apply for a Canadian tourist visa online, here’s a step-by-guide on how to go about it.
Step 1: Visit the official Government of Canada website, click on ‘Immigration and Citizenship,’ and then click on ‘Visit.’
Step 2: Click on ‘Find out if you need a visa.’ You will be redirected to a survey, which you can fill to find out if you need a Canada visitor visa or an ETA
Step 3: If you are found eligible for a visa, click on ‘Apply for a Visitor Visa’ button. It will redirect you to a webpage containing all the pertinent information about the application process.
Step 4: Once you’ve read all the information, click on ‘Apply’ in the top navigation bar and select your chosen method of application submission. If you choose ‘on paper,’ you’ll be asked to download an application package. It will also include the complete Canada visitor visa checklist. However, if you choose the ‘online’ option, you will be redirected to another page. Click on ‘Apply for a visitor visa’ to proceed.
Step 5: If you are applying to get a visitor visa for Canada for the first time, you will have to click on the ‘Register’ button
Step 6: You can now register for an IRCC secure account with either a GC Key or a Sign-In Partner. The latter requires your Canadian online banking information, so it’s recommended to register with a GC Key. Click on the required button to get redirected to the next page.
Step 7: Once logged in, you can start working on your online Canadian visa application form.
Step 8: Upload scans of required documents and submit your application along with the application fee. For this, you’ll need a valid Credit or Debit Card.
Step 9: It takes about 5 days for an application to appear on your IRCC account.
Step 10: If your application is reviewed positively, you will be required to visit the Canadian Consulate for an interview and/or biometric information. Please note that there is a separate fee for biometrics.
Step 11: Once your Canadian visa application is approved, you’ll have to submit your passport to the consulate for stamping. For online applicants, the consulate will notify you where to send your passport for further processing. You will also have to pay a processing fee.
Step 12: Your stamped passport will either be handed over or mailed back to you. Once you receive it, check all the details to make sure there aren’t any errors.
You can now start making arrangements for your travel.
Canadian Visit Visa Fee
How much a visitor visa application for Canada costs? Well, here is a breakdown of Canadian visa fees in Pakistan for 2023-2024.
|Types of Canada Visa||Price/Cost||Process Time|
|Canada Visitor Visa||$100||14 Days -60 Days|
|Canada Tourist Visa||$500||10 Days -60 Days|
|Canada Work Visa||$345||20 Days -90 Days|
|Biometrics per person||$85||14 Days -60 Days|
|Canada Business Visa||$350||30 Days -120 Days|
Canada visit visa from pakistan processing time
The processing time for a Canadian visit visa from Pakistan is usually between 10 and 55 days. Obtaining a visitor visa for Canada means that the Consulate in Pakistan has deemed you eligible to enter Canada. However, the Customs and Border Control officers in Canada have full authority to deny your entry and ask you to go back home, despite having a valid visa. Although this doesn’t happen without a justifiable reason, one must make sure to answer each question honestly and accurately to avoid any complications in the future.
Meanwhile, if you are planning a trip to Europe instead, make sure to check out our comprehensive guide on how to apply for Schengen visa from Pakistan. Even if you are thinking about visiting Turkey, exploring Azerbaijan or Dubai, we’ve got you covered.